(Aimee Song from Song of Style, love her!)
I'm a huge advocate of strong, independent, smart, successful women. Especially those in their 20s like me. I respect their strong will and desire to succeed. Which is why I got to thinking, and listed:
The 10 Commandments of a young girl in her 20s...
1. Embrace being independent from a man.
(aka stop gold digging, you'll never learn if you don't work hard yourself - Buy the shoes yourself! Not with his credit card.)
2. If you're struggling now, it'll only make you stronger in the future.
(I know those late night hours suck, or you're barely getting sleep, but it'll all pay off I promise!!)
3. When that first pay check arrives, pay your bills first.
(Even if it means you'll be eating Ramen Noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.)
4. ALWAYS be on time, or even 5 minutes early. Trust me, it pays off.
(Trick, set all your clocks 5 mins ahead, it works!)
5. What you do everyday, will lay the stepping stones to your future.
6. Always, always, always go with your gut instinct.
(Don't eat that double fudge, frosted, sprinkled, cream cheese cupcake!!)
7. Let go of ALL and ANY negativity. It will only hinder your current state of mind.
(From the words of a wise friend, "cut with scissors.")
8. Stay Focused! Do not let anything get in the way of your dreams.
(See Commandment #7)
9. If you have a thought in mind, do it. Time is ticking. *insert clock emoji here*
(By tomorrow you'll be another year older, don't let another year go by not doing what you wanted to do!)
10. Be yourself. (Fakeness does not fly on anyone's radar.)